PiparWai is the First natural deodorant to use super-absorbent activated charcoal to neutralize odor and absorb wetness. This is why we work so much better than our competitors. PiperWai's natural ingredients create a pH-balanced environment where bacteria can’t thrive, leaving you smelling odorless. We are also certiﬁed vegan and cruelty free!
Why go natural?
Antiperspirants work by clogging your pores with aluminum to prevent sweat and are laden with parabens, preservatives, synthetic fragrances and harsh antibacterial ingredients that serve as hormone inhibitors, stop the natural and necessary function of your underarms, and may cause health issues down the line. Natural deodorants use only natural safe ingredients that won't harm your health or alter your body’s natural functions.
Sweating = good
Odor = bad
Natural deodorants are designed to stop odor, not sweat, which is why you may have difficulties with other brands. PiperWai is different because we use absorbent activated charcoal and magnesium to absorb sweat. A little underarm wetness, however, is OK! Our body is naturally designed to sweat — it's the bacteria under our arms that causes body odor.
Getting started with the jar
Our original jar proves applying deodorant with your hands isn’t a big deal. The thick, creamy paste packs a lot of power in a little application. All you need is a pea-sized amount under each arm –maybe even less! Rub the product in until it is clear to avoid product transfer. You can also use our jar on other areas of the body where you sweat. Rub some into your feet, hands or other external areas to control odor and sweating. For more information about our jar, check out our blog post!
Getting started with the stick
Some people prefer a more conventional deodorant application, and that’s OK! This is why we created our stick, so that PiperWai is accessible to all and our customers feel comfortable applying their deodorant. To apply and best avoid product transfer, use one-to-two light swipes under your arm. If there is residue left,just rub it into your armpit or wipe it away with a tissue. To learn more about our stick, check out our blog post!
Detox? Maybe not!
Odor is caused by bacteria interacting with the sweat and toxins building up under your arms from years of clogged pores and antiperspirant use. So,the first thing to expect with natural deodorant is to sweat as a way to detoxify your armpits. If you’re going through a detox, below are some steps to speed up the process!
- We recommend always applying with dry hands to dry skins. Applylng to wet or even damp skin can cause the activated charcoal to absorb that moisture, rendering it less effective as you begin to sweat throughout the day. For this same reason we don‘t recommend adding water to your jar or stick.
- Make sure you reapply after bathing, swimming, or working out.
- Some people find reapplying midday is helpful, especially in the beginning of detox or in the peak of summer.
- Check out this link for a bentonite clay mask that is helpful in speeding along the detox process.
- You may also re-balance your underarm pH with apple cider Vinegar. Combine equal parts ACV and water (a tablespoon of each should be plenty). Apply this once daily prior to applying PiperWai, holding your arms up to allow it to dry completely first. After 1-2 weeks, you can wean your underarms off the ACV mixtures. Our detailed blog post outlines how a pH imbalance can lead to underarm odors.
If you'd like to learn more detailed information, feel free to take a look at our blog posts linked throughout this page.