By Sophia C.
Image Source: Pexels
The excitement of adding a new ingredient to your skincare routine is impressive, knowing that it might help you get closer to reaching your skin goals. It may be surprising and seem like an unexpected source, but CBD has been winning numerous hearts with its skincare benefits.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound found in the cannabis plant. While CBD is not primarily associated with clear skin, it has shown an ability to improve numerous factors contributing to skin issues such as aging, acne, psoriasis, and eczema. But are these benefits actual, or is it just marketing hype?
Here, you’ll get all your answers about the game-changing ingredient and its importance in the skincare industry.
CBD and Skincare
Cannabidiol or CBD is one of the main cannabinoids and can’t get you high, unlike the other famous cannabinoid THC. CBD has gained a reputation for its healing potential. It can bind to several receptors and modulate different pathways to induce a plethora of effects. But, that doesn’t mean CBD skincare doesn’t show any potential. Many topical CBD products are available on the market that are still as effective as the other routes.
Image Source: Pexels
A study revealed that CBD in skincare products could be a cure for skin disorders such as eczema, psoriasis, and even scarring. CBD works as a safe and effective non-invasive treatment for skin disorders.
CBD has sebum reducing properties and may be able to reduce acne. CBD inhibited the synthesis of oil, according to a study that analyzed its application to a human skin culture. A significant cause of acne is excess sebum production. So, CBD has the potential as a promising therapeutic agent for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
There are many benefits of vaping cbd. Further, research also suggests that CBD has a strong and effective anti-inflammatory activity. It is believed to reduce inflammation by acting on specific receptors that induce inflammation suppression. Inflammation can worsen many skin conditions, and CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties may improve the symptoms of inflammatory skin conditions.
How does CBD support skin health?
You may be eating healthy, drinking tons of water, and never leave your house without sunscreen, but CBD as an addition to your skincare routine might take your skin health to the next level. Below you may find some ways CBD may support your skin health:
- CBD is best known to return the lost balance of your bodily systems - including your skin.
- CBD exhibits an anti-aging effect owing to its antioxidant properties.
- CBD can counteract free-radical damage and reduce inflammation, which helps to diminish issues like wrinkles, red-colored skin tone, and skin dullness.
- CBD aims to treat pimples and acne by reducing oil synthesis and tapering natural sebum production.
- CBD has skin-balancing, skin-calming, and skin-normalizing effects that minimize skin issues such as dryness, skin sensitivity, reactivity, the appearance of redness, and discoloration.
- CBD is soothing and non-irritating and can be used for any skin type, even for those with delicate skin.
How can you integrate CBD into your skincare routine?
Nowadays, almost any skincare or body care product has a CBD-infused counterpart alongside it. From the face or body moisturizers, body lotions, serums, and face masks to bath bombs are being enhanced with CBD. Also, many companies are pairing CBD with other powerful skin-calming ingredients, herbs, or extracts.
Interestingly, one can also integrate CBD into their bath sessions. CBD bath bombs are a great way to relax after a stressful day. These bombs are also infused with essential oils and minerals to create a synergistic effect. You may even try facial oils that may provide the skin-loving benefits of CBD. Incorporating such oils in your night skincare routine may help you get bright, soft, and hydrated skin the next morning.
Image Source: Unsplash
Others may consider integrating CBD into their diet. Few like CBD powder in their coffees or prefer a soft gel capsule. Oral consumption of CBD may help contribute to well-balanced and healthy skin.
How to Choose a Product
Choosing a CBD product is an essential factor to consider in your skincare regimen. Many brands may use sketchy marketing tactics to implicit CBD products. But, we have listed some ways to ensure the products you choose are both sincere and efficacious:
- When it comes to sourcing, look for cannabis or hemp that’s organically grown in your country.
- When looking at the ingredients, keep in mind that products with cannabidiol generally fall into the following categories:
- CBD Isolate: It may have pure CBD without any other terpenes or cannabinoids.
- Broad-Spectrum CBD: It may have trace levels of other terpenes and cannabinoids but no THC.
- Full-Spectrum CBD: It may have trace levels of other terpenes and cannabinoids, including THC.
- Opt for Full-Spectrum CBD since it comes from the whole plant material sources, which means that it contains an array of cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, chlorophyll, omega fatty acids, beneficial vitamins, and minerals.
Image Source: Unsplash
CBD can be integrated naturally into your skincare or skin wellness routine with ease. Just begin by familiarizing yourself with various methods and products that are right for you. However, before making it a part of your diet and lifestyle, consult an expert.